January 7th, 2011
|10:21 pm - BOOKS READ IN 2011|
01. The Red Queen; 01/07/11
02. The Sunne in Splendour; 07/02/11 (OK, I'm not sure if I haven't read a full book since January; truthfully, I probably haven't (other than Harry Potter rereads), but this book was AWESOME -- one of those rare books that you end up reading for six or seven hours at a time yet feel like only minutes have passed.)
03. The Hunger Games; 07/31/11
04. Catching Fire; 08/01/11
05. Mockingjay; 08/02/11
06. Forever Princess; 08/05/11
07. Princess Mia; 08/08/11
09. Queen of Babble; 08/10/11
10. Queen of Babble in the Big City; 08/11/11
11. Queen of Babble Gets Hitched; 08/11/11
12. PJ: The Lightning Thief; 08/12/11
13. PJ: The Sea of Monsters; 08/12/11
14. PJ: The Titan's Curse; 08/15/11
15. PJ: The Battle of the Labyrinth; 08/17/11
16. PJ: The Last Olympian; 08/19/11
17. Heroes of Olympus: The Lost Hero; 08/23/11
18. Heroes of Olympus: The Son of Neptune
January 1st, 2011
|02:59 pm - BOOKS READ IN 2010|
- Are You There, Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea; 01/01/10
- Wuthering Heights; 01/05/10
- Stern Men; 01/20/10
- Eat, Pray, Love; 02/04/10
- Club Dead; 02/18/10
- Dead to the World; 02/25/10
- Dead as a Doornail; 03/01/10
- Definitely Dead; 03/27/10
- All Together Dead; 04/01/10
- From Dead to Worse; 04/09/10
- Dead and Gone; 04/09/10
- Dead in the Family
- The Three Musketeers; 10/01/10
- Possible Side Effects
- The White Queen
- Dear John
September 30th, 2010
Ughhh, it seems like if I'm not at work or school, all I do is sleep (or drink, hmm), and it's really starting to get to me. Whenever I'm up and moving, like at work, I get really inspired to start working out again, but as soon as I get home, my energy is zapped, and I'm like, "Yayyy, naptime."
I just woke up from a nap, and I am trying desperately to work up the motivation to go for a run. Just a short one. A mile. Seriously, it would take 10 minutes.
One of the girls I work with is training for a marathon, and she told me she ran 9.2 miles the other day. This is my inspiration because that's what I was talking about doing earlier this year. I had worked my way up to about 5 miles, running the whole time, and then I just abruptly stopped going to the gym. And what I hate about working out is as soon as you stop for an extended period time, you have to start all over again once you pick it back up.
Sigh. I guess I'll stop stalling and go run my measly mile.
January 1st, 2010
|09:18 pm - BOOKS READ IN 2009|
- Othello; 01/26/09
- Desdemona: A Play About a Handkerchief; 01/28/09
- Handle with Care; 04/08/09
- The Robber Bride; 06/16/09
- Dead Until Dark; 06/26/09
- Living Dead in Dallas; 07/14/09
- Thinner; 08/13/09
- Almost French; 10/23/09
- The Bell Jar; 10/29/09
- The Divide; 11/01/09
- Cat's Cradle; 11/05/09
- The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time; 11/07/09
- My Horizontal Life: A Collection of One-Night Stands;11/09/09
Current Mood: accomplished
January 20th, 2009
I suck rather fantastically at life.
Current Mood: apathetic
Current Music: the ting tings - that's not my name
January 1st, 2009
|11:53 pm - BOOKS READ IN 2008|
- The Bermudez Triangle; 1/29/08
- An Abundance of Katherines; 1/31/08
- Looking for Alaska; 2/2/08
- Tithe; 2/5/08
- Valiant; 2/17/08
- Ironside; 2/18/08
- Franny and Zooey; 2/21/08
- A Great and Terrible Beauty; 3/12/08
- Change of Heart; 3/21/08
- Nine Stories; 4/11/08
- Number the Stars; 5/8/08 (reread)
- The Princess Bride; 5/15/08
- Fragile Things; 5/15/08
- The Great Gatsby; 5/21/08
- Firestarter; 6/15/08
- Mercy; 6/28/08
- Jane Eyre; 7/05/08
- Breaking Dawn; 8/03/08
- Eclipse; 8/07/08 (reread)
- Slightly Settled; 9/05/08
- When You are Engulfed in Flames; 9/05/08
- Charlotte Temple; 9/09/08
- Girls in Pants; 9/11/08
- Forever in Blue; 9/14/08
- Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal Snogging; 9/16/08 (reread)
- Little Women; 9/30/08 (reread)
- Running with Scissors; 10/24/08
- Magical Thinking; 11/6/08
- It's OK, I'm Wearing Really Big Knickers; 11/23/08
- Knocked Out by My Nunga-Nungas; 11/23/08
- The Glass Castle; 12/9/08
December 11th, 2008
Go to your calendar and find the first entry for each month in 2008. Post the first sentence of it in your journal, and that's your "Year in Review."
Jan: I worked our company Christmas party last night* because I am one of the only underage losers who works there, and while I did not get to partake in all the drunken revelry, I did manage to make lots and lots o' money off of those partaking in the drunken revelry.
Feb: I went to a party at a gay Republican's apartment last night.
March: I just watched last week's Lost and cried.
April: Opening day at the ballpark today, and I worked the day shift.
May: I am dying of tiredness and loserness and depressedness.
June: I'm not physically dead-- just totally and completely brain dead.
July: For those of you who haven't seen I Am Legend, DON'T because the dog dies and it is complete BULLSHIT.
August: *dusts off livejournal*
October: "Just a Burger?..."
November: Things I've Done This Past Week That Are Made of Awesomesauce:
December: The Be Your Own Pete Wentz Meme:
December 3rd, 2008
|08:04 pm - mememememememememe|
The Be Your Own Pete Wentz Meme:
Put your MP3 player on shuffle, and write down the first line of the first twenty songs. Post the poem that results. The first line of the twenty-first is the title.
Who's in a Bunker?
Gravity is working against me
Those who are dead are not dead
Where do you go with your broken heart in tow?
I never asked for this
You can dance, you can jive, having the time of your life
Cold and drizzly night in Chicago's deep dish
I just want you close
I need love, love to ease my mind
I think we need an agent
When it started we had high hopes
Every day, more wicked
Well, let the geek in the pink take a stab at it
Moving forward using all my breath
I've these dreams
I saw you sliding out the bar
There's a plane and I am flying
I get home from work, and you're still standing in your dressing gown
Have you ever thought about what protects our hearts?
I feel better, I feel better now you've gone.
When I see you sky as a kite
October 31st, 2008
I just voted! Hooray! I have done my civic duty.
Come Tuesday, I plan on either getting drunk in celebration (Obama) or despair (McCain).
April 21st, 2008
Do I dare
Disturb the universe?
In a minute there is time
For decisions and revisions which a minute will reverse.
- T.S. Eliot, The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock